The Importance of Branding
Particularly beneficial to small, up-and-coming businesses and brands, branded merchandise helps to keep marketing costs low while still making a big impact on customer engagement.
There have been many large-scale studies and surveys focusing on the success of branded merchandise. Two of these studies were carried out by sageworld.com and PPAI (Promotional Products Association International): here we look at some of the key findings.
The study by sageworld.com found that:
- Around 80% of consumers own between one and ten promotional products
- 85% of people carry out a transaction with the advertiser after receiving a promotional item
- Almost 60% of such consumers keep their promotional product for up to two years
- 31% of respondents own a promotional bag
- A massive 89% of respondents recalled the advertised brand for more than two years after receiving promotional products
The study by PPAI found that:
- 94% of people remember exactly where they received a promotional item
- 83% of consumers like to get a promotional item with an advertising message
- Promotional products draw 500% more referrals from customers who are happy with the item
- 48% of respondents kept their gift items for up to four years
These revealing statistics highlight the high significance of promotional branded products for improving marketing strategy and brand recognition. Best results are noticed when the branded promotional item is something that is used often in everyday life: examples include pens, bags, calendars and of course clothing.
We are offering one lucky winner the chance to start publicising their brand using our custom-designed tshirts. Head on over to our Facebook page to find out all the details and to enter this exciting competition!